Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunshine State

I was planning on posting this from this morning but now it just seems appropriate. All my sisters are back at school for recruitment and after crafting another slideshow, I'm upset I can't be there. So I wish them all the best and to have so much fun because, weirdly, I love this time of year. 
I know, I know. This blog is kind of Gossip Girl-esque but I'm just trying to keep identities semi-secret. All my family and friends will know who this is, obviously, but if someone happens to find it, it won't be too easy to know who I am.
But back to the City Beautiful. Eating a bacon, egg, and cheese on a bagel at a diner in town just doesn't compare to having one at the Emps. I'm craving some Prime and rolls from Big Cheese and it's weird I won't be back for 8 months. It's weird that I've been craving places from Miami as opposed to wanting what I have at home. I even want to go to a club- SO unlike me. 

But on a more serious note. Today I found out that a good friend from when I was a camper and CIT passed away. I really don't know what to say about him, he was the most big-hearted, fun loving, amazing, 14/15 year old I knew. He was always so happy, and even when he was angry, he still seemed mostly happy. He had something about him where everyone was just pulled in. I can't remember certain moments being together because I feel like from the time we, as the 6 of us, met you at Magic Falls, we were always together. You always made me laugh, and when you were a CIT, I chided you because I knew you could be great. I was thinking about you for the past couple of weeks and was thinking about trying to see you when I was back south next fall. This has taken me almost an hour to write because I just can't pinpoint exactly what to say. So I'll wrap it up. Rest Easy, Logan. Keep being you up there and we'll meet again soon, sit on some bleachers and talk about nothing, just like we did all those summers. Love you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment