Thursday, January 5, 2012

Home Stretch

Today (tonight) is January 5, 2012. First post of the new year! Happy New Years to all I haven't yet sent wishes to and a very healthy and prosperous one; may you follow your dreams. Seems like 2012 is going to be the most exciting one yet. Aside from the impending and ominous ending of the Mayan calendar, it is also the year where I (finally, wink wink nudge nudge) get a real (?!) job (boo.), turn 21, hope the Canes make it to a decent bowl game, and do the trip of a life time!

I honestly can't put into words how excited I am to be doing this. And I can't thank my parents enough to be sending me on this amazing opportunity. Seriously, I've said it once and I'll say it a million times more: thank you guys for everything and I hope I see you both in China and miss you already.

Packing, thus far, has been relatively nonexistent. Once I unpacked, moderately, from UM,  I let it all go. I'm sure there are still bags of my stuff lying around this house waiting to be put into a home but I can't deal with that now, or rather, I just don't care to deal with it.

Mom and I went to CVS last week and literally bought out the store. Glad to know if anything happens, I'll be set for goodsies. It better all be allowed on the ship, I'm not buying cold medicine in Vietnam. The majority of things I had left to order have arrived and, as the girl who REALLY can't have nice things, already scratched the face on my new watch. Speaking of new things, I GOT THE IPHONE! So look forward to more posts in port, hopefully with pictures! I've set both the new watch and the new phone to military time so I can get used to what will be used on the ship. I'm still looking at my watch going "OMG IT'S 15:29?! THAT'S SO LATE!" Nope, it's just 3:29. Good to know.

All my textbooks have been ordered and shipped to the boat and just need to order the rest of them for the kindle. Good thing for E-Readers. I still can't figure out exactly what I'm packing and I know I'll be bringing like 7-10 pairs of shoes. I just can't help myself. I've done 4 loads of laundry today so 99% of my belongings will be clean to pack. It's just so weird to think that I need to compact everything I'll need for the next 4 months into 2 suitcases and a carry on. Weird.

I've found a few pictures (and a blog) that are hitting home, along with my entire SAS-themed pinterest board. Sharing them for your entertainment. That's it for now, not sure what else to say. Will update with pictures of me packing because Lord knows it will be a sight.










No comments:

Post a Comment