Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Only Happy in the Sun


After not sleeping (not a joke, insomnia prevailed) Sunday night, having an 8 am flight Monday morning, and fighting 4 checked bags and 3 carry ons, Mom and I made it to the Bahamas! We're staying at the Sheraton and I really like it. I was reunited with one of my favorites yesterday and I was so excited and I got the best birthday present ever! I got a tour of Nassau and Paradise Island and it's safe to say, I really wish I had stayed at Atlantis. I guess 5th grade me still prevails. But I'll be heading over there for dinner tonight so let's see if I like the inside as much as I like the outside.
Mom and I have been having fun; we went down to Bay Street today to get more visa pictures because OBVIOUSLY I lost my other ones at home in the race for Christmas and I actually look like a convicted criminal. I realized how hard it is for me actually not to smile or laugh or anything in pictures. So to the Vietnamese and Cambodian people who have to process my applications: I promise I'm not that angry.

It seemed to me like on every corner there was a "Duty Free Liquor Shop" and someone trying to sell us alcohol. Interesting because I've never been anywhere where we were solicited like that. The bus to and from the downtown area was cool, they were like big passenger vans and some drive with the doors open! I really liked the breeze and it made looking out at the beach so much nicer.

I've met a few people from SAS so far: 3 at the daiquiri stand yesterday, another's mother at the hotel bar, and then her sons while leaving the daiquiri stand today (but I didn't really meet them, we just passed each other.) Tonight a bunch of people are going to SeƱor Frogs so that's another thing I'll get to check off the bucket list! I really want to sit in those funny chairs where it looks like I'm not wearing pants. I'm a rational person. So off to dinner! I'll keep this posted, hopefully over phone blogging. I'm not really sure but Verizon is being funny about my phone... But until then I'll just sit and enjoy the view from my room...

No comments:

Post a Comment