Sunday, October 16, 2011

Preparations

I'm  FINALLY home in lovely Southern CT for the weekend at one of my favorite times of year. The air is crisp and the leaves are changing. GORGEOUS. Just Mom and I together which is really fun. We've been running around like crazy trying to get some of these things done. Visa pics: CHECK. Inquired about my phone: CHECK (looks like I might be going to the iPhone). Signed passport: CHECK. Visas: uh....

So, in all my frenzy to sign my passport and get everything done, I signed my name in the weirdest way possible. I've LITERALLY never seen myself sign my name this way and to get into India, if my signature doesn't match exactly, visa won't get approved. Cue lack of sleep. I've literally sat practicing my signature, hoping it will eventually look something like how I signed it. But coming from the girl whose handwriting changes for no reason every semester (sometimes even twice), this is absurd.

Aside from that: I think everything else is going smoothly. Looks like I'll be booking a room in the Bahamas with a fellow SAS-er, need to update my trips list to get parental approval and will need to find luggage. But for as great as this trip will be... damn they stick you with a lot of fees. Another HUGE thank you to my parents. You're actually making me the happiest girl EVER right now. And I love love love you and miss you already. I know I'm being a stickler about you visiting me in port but technically I will be doing school work... :)

I think that's all I have for now. I've updated my packing list, am hunting for a cheap but efficient hiking backpack and sleeping bag, and just need to send in my visas. Hard to think that I'll be getting on the boat in 93 days!!!!!!!!

___________________
Update: 10/19:
-Instead of writing a whole new post, I figured I'd just complain here. Dad was great and sent in all my visas but thanks to the "lazy Indian consulate", as my new friend at Pinnacle, C, told me, I need to redo the visa. Apparently where I reside at school is not my current address.... it's my permanent address. So whatever my drivers license says is where I currently, and permanently, live. Guess I can be down with always being at 46, really comfy bed and REALLY good food (thanks Mom :) ). Now that we're officially at the 3 month mark, I'm getting antsy. My packing list actually says what shirts I'm bringing down to the design, not just "10 tshirts". I'll finally get some use out of some of those heinous and ill-fitting big/little shirts. I'm starting to get nervous for the Bahamas and the trip. Not knowing anyone is going to be difficult but nothing solves not knowing people like going to Señor Frogs ;) Hasta luego, ojala que pueda entrarme a India ahora....

No comments:

Post a Comment