Saturday, October 8, 2011

Indecision 2012

So yeah, I might have stolen this entry title from one of the funniest people on television right now, Jon Stewart. But it's true; this life changing experience is going to take place in 105 days and 11 countries. Looking at the itinerary and all I want to do... I need like 105 days in each of the countries. I can't make up my mind on what I want to accomplish. Here's a copy of the itinerary and you can see how few days I have and the massive spans of country I'll have to travel to get most of it done. I'll break it down by country by what I want to do; most of the ideas are coming front he field practice online. I've bolded the ones I want to do on my own and not through SAS.

Before the Journey begins - Nassau:

  • Atlantis
    • Maybe this will be the time I finally convince my parents to let me stay here!
  • See AL, been awhile m'dear
  • SWIM WITH DOLPHINS
  • Ride the water slides and find a boy that's just like the one from Holiday in the Sun

Dominica: (will update for Cuba if/when we receive the go ahead for Havana)

  • Hot Springs/Beaches
  • Emerald Pool & Trafalgar Falls
  • Snorkeling at Champagne Reef
  • Emerald Pool & River Tubing
  • Aerial Tram Through the Rain Forest

Brazil:

  • Service Visit: Monte Salem Orphanage & School
  • Swimming with Dolphins
  • Jungle Trek with Survival Techniques & Overnight in the Jungle
  • Amazon & Rio

Ghana:

  • Castles and Slave Dungeons
  • Habitat for Humanity
  • Cape Coast Historical Tour

South Africa:

  • Zandvlei, Cape Peninsula and Cape Point
  • Operation Hunger
  • Hiking Table Mountain
  • Amy Biehl Foundation Trust
  • Kruger National Park
  • Wine Tasting in Cape Town
  • Shark Diving

Mauritius:
     Here's my problem with Mauritius. I've heard from everyone who did SAS before  me how Mauritius was the "spring break". It was two days and everyone rented villas, enjoyed the villas, ate, drank and were merry, and, as typical college kids, trashed the villas. Now we only have less than 24 hours there. I kind of still want to treat it as a relaxation trip as it's a good half-ish way point. But some girls, who seem really cool from the group, we want to do a lot of the same stuff, might go play with baby lions and stuff. That might take over as the more important thing as sitting and relaxing on the beach is more of something I'll get senior year in Miami.

  • Ile des Deux Cocos & Marine Park
  • Blue Escape: Catamaran and Snorkeling

India:

  • Agra AND THE TAJ MAHAL! (Most important.)
  • An ashram
  • Varanasi
  • Ranthambore National Park
  • Goa
  • Kodaikanal
  • Pondicherry

Singapore:

  • Sentosa at Sunset
  • Night Safari
  • Canossa Ville
  • Marina Bay Sands Resort

Viet Nam:

  • City Orientation of Ho Chi Minh (Saigon)
  • Ha Noi
  • Cambodia (Phnom Penh, Angkor Wat)

China:

  • Family Insight Tour (Hong Kong)
  • Buddhist Monastery/Lantau Island (Hong Kong)
  • China Guide trip - sleep on the great wall!!
  • Sunrise Tai Chi
  • Kindergarten Visit
  • Disney Hong Kong

Japan:

  • Hiroshima by Bus and Bullet Train
  • Japanese Tea Ceremony
  • Tokyo (Disney)
  • Baseball Game (duh.)
  • Kyoto
  • Mt. Fuji

Hawai'i:

  • Volcanoes National Park

SADLY, this is where SAS will end. But, hopefully, not my travels.

San Diego/California:

  • San Diego Zoo
  • Rodeo Drive
  • Malibu
  • Chinese Theatre
  • USC
  • Disneyland
  • Laguna Beach/Visit the set of the OC
  • Cabrillo National Monument
  • turn 21 early so I can go to wine country
  • Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge
  • AT&T Park 
Well I guess that's enough for one evening. Three blog posts in 12 hours, I'm some sort of champ. Maybe, when all is said and done, I'll remember exactly how I'm feeling at this second, writing these words from my comfy bed, albeit on the twin sized mattress pad on a full sized bed, after watching yet ANOTHER devastating Hurricanes loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment