Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Insomnia

So I'm starting to think my jokes about insomnia might actually be true... looks like time on the boat will be fun. My roommate will probably hate me and I'll get A LOT of reading done (looks like I'm going to have to update the kindle before I go.)

I'm starting to put together my wish list for supplies. I've decided to bring a large rolling duffel and maybe a hiking backpack? I'm not completely sure but I want to shove another duffel in there somewhere for all the things I will inevitably collect along the way. In the group on fb there were some disparities about water bottles but I don't know if I'm going to get a massive camel bak just for water filtration... I'm going to buy tablets for my water. I don't know why they had to be finicky with me. I'm also looking for a cheap-ish sleep sack so if anyone has ideas, hit me up.

People are also starting to put together plans for after the ship. Hell, I haven't even booked myself to the Bahamas or figured out if I'll have parental figures and where I'll be staying. There's no way that I can figure out post-SAS life (not that, I'm assuming, I'll want to). I really want to go to Disneyland and LA and SD DEFINITELY. And road tripping back would be SICK, I just need to make friends to do so. Is it so wrong of me to want to live more in the now with this trip? I understand picking roommates for the Bahamas but why book flights home the same day we walk off the boat? If it's anything like camp, and for those of you who know me, I HATE goodbyes (especially camp. I allot like 3 hours to do so.), I'm assuming it is, I'm never going to want to say goodbye to these people. So I might as well frolic around the southern California coast. And go to my home: the O.C., maybe I'll go see where 90210 is filming because it IS Harbor (that really grinds my gears.)

I don't know. As usual, I'm the prone-to-panic-attacks, indecisive, insomniac. With love.

PS: D.J. ET. Since you're my #1 (and only) fan, I still want you to come do this with me. I wouldn't even be able to put into words how absurd it would be. Do you think we could make "Stop. I can't." happen in every country? We'd be more successful than Gretchen Weiners, that's for sure. #casualmeangirlsreference #hashtaggingonmyblog

No comments:

Post a Comment