Monday, October 31, 2011

Checks on Checks on Checks

So, like most college students, I never check my mail. Which is, apparently, a very bad thing. SAS sent my invoice here, instead of to my home address. I think the required balance is less than we paid. I've already sent in my tuition so *fingerscrossed* here's to a little bit of a refund!

Speaking of refunds... got a check from the home university. Some refund for a WONDERFUL sum of money. HELLOOOOO CHINAGUIDE TRIP (?! pleasepleasepleaseplease) Here's to hearing back from SAS soon, as there is probably an over payment. But any who... Happy halloweekend! I'm just not feelin' it this year, all I can think about is SAS SAS SAS SAS SAS. It's kind of pathetic, if I could talk about it all day, errr day I would. But I can't. So I resolve to blogging my thoughts and telling DJ ET everything (holla.)

Instead of writing a paper and outlining countless others, I Facebook stalked a friends' ENTIRE SAS trip. Not just one album or the few defaults she might have put up. Every. Single. Picture. I must have looked through maybe 1000? It's cool. They're put on Facebook for looking. It's making me want to refine what I'm doing (or thinking of doing) while I'm there.

I want to be really touristy, without the high socks, hiking boots, fisherman hat and hawaiian shirt with a fully strapped hiking backpack and a camera around the neck. I want pictures of everything, to try all the foods, see the major landmarks. I don't care if hiking Table Mountain is overrated, a climb to the top takes 2 hours, that's 2 hours I'd probably spend sleeping, in all reality. So I'll get up, do it and watch the sunrise (big plans, don't even know if that's legal yet.) I'm going on this to see the world but, more than that, I want to experience the world. I want to do things I've never done before and that I've only read about. But I probably won't bungee jump, skydive or try/get close to lobsters. OBVIOUSLY.

I also want to document everything, as is obvious by this beautiful (and wordy) blog. So I need a camera. If anyone has any ideas, hit me up. It needs to be portable and take kick-ass pictures. People left behind are going to want to see pictures. I'm also thinking of, hopefully, upgrading to the iPhone. My blackberry, although I've always been #teamblackberry, probably won't make it through a trip around the world. We've had good times and bad but the iPhone seems like the most practical jump. I'm not going to want to bring my computer into port to upload pictures or Facebook or Skype so the camera on the iPhone just seems right. That way I can knock out taking an iPod/iPad with me too. It just seems logical.

Well, I don't know what else I can rant about for now. It's almost homecoming (well, it's homecoming week but we're not participating in anything...) so hopefully I won't have anything too exciting for awhile. But I will be seeing LUDACRIS in concert on Friday! 7th grade me is jumping up and down with excitement, as is... 15th? grade me. Then second to last football game for the year! TIME IS FLYING! I'll be on the boat in like 12 weeks! AAHHHHHHHHHH

ps: I've also resolved NOT to find out who watched the Super Bowl this year as we'll be traveling over sea as it happens from Brazil - Ghana. I figure I'll have enough time to let everything die down and when I'm home in late May, I'll watch it and be surprised. To every single person that reads this, please do not deny me my dream.



No comments:

Post a Comment