Saturday, March 10, 2012

More Good Times

I know I said that the 48 hours including Mauritius was the best time ever but yesterday might have topped it. I finally took my International Law and Conflict final, which has been postponed from March 8th, and saying that, it doesn't seem like the one day mattered but it did. We were going to utilize "Mauritius Day" to study except I was too busy working on getting the sunburn of my life. Then after Mauritius for 4 hours, I decided I'd study. However, Harry Potter was more important. So I spent all day cramming on the A day before, on the 8th (I guess. Days don't matter on here really…) and took the exam on the 9th. I thought I did SO well on it. So hopefully when I get the grade back tomorrow it won't make me too upset. Then for lunch… TACO DAY!!!!! Although it wasn't nearly as good as the first time, it was still better than the normal mystery meat we have with meals. Somehow they still managed to input some sort of pasta into Taco Day. Only SAS… but we didn't get rice? Which would have made sense. And no Doritos either. Midterms were officially over, I watched HPCOS and went to dinner for my friend J's birthday. I really like hanging out with her and her friends! She had vanilla ice cream cake and it was like 11x9. HUGE. It ALMOST rivaled a Publix cake but not quite… Afterwards I sat with the Executive Dean, his wife, and the Assistant Dean's wife for a bit and I really enjoyed speaking with them. Even better, I was adopted into a different extended family! (both deans families offered to adopt me as well so I'm at a whopping 3 families on the ship now!) They're amazing; they have two kids: a girl, L, who is 11 and a boy, J, who is 8 or 9. Perfect ages, my favorite to work with. The parents are great and we had a movie night last night! I got to watch Rat Race again and before that, I was invited to the movie screening with the dependent children. It wasn't a good movie or anything, just Beauty and the Beast! J My FAVORITE. So that was AMAZING. And the family gave us cookies. Just all around a GREAT day. Today was pretty good too. Life is just generally good on the ship J

No comments:

Post a Comment