Friday, March 2, 2012

Hit & Park

Where to even begin today AND tonight. We didn't go to the restaurant we wanted (but we went to another part of the chain). We didn't get back on the ship until 12:30am. I think I got poisoned by some noxious gases coming out of the taxi. I witnessed a drunken brawl between multiple men and got extremely nervous that i'd be roped in. I had forgotten how nice it was to have callused feet from heels/wedges. I discovered I loved South African food, or what I had eaten. I waited for a taxi for over an hour. I had to ask six times to get my face painted. I went to a township. I saw the smallest hotel (and coolest B&B ever). I saw the sassiest little girl and the cutest little boy. I witnessed kids playing with absolutely nothing and things that had been discarded by others and made them into the best toys ever. I learned that HIV and TB are not debilitating disorders. I saw Table Mountain. I saw a sea lion. I FINALLY made it to South Africa!

More to come. I promise, something you won't want to miss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment