Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mauritius or bust

4 hours in heaven, 4 hours well spent. This was the fastest port I think this program has ever done. Last night was fun, I played a little big of Egyptian Rat Race with N, S, and K and was the champion :) Glad all my years of summer camp paid off. I watched us pull in and it was interesting to see how industrial of a city Port Louis was; there were multiple skyscrapers and superstructures. Pulling in was cool, I had only seen it in the morning but night time was pretty awesome as we saw the city lit up at night. I couldn't fall asleep last night, probably because I ate so much at the BBQ I had to be rolled back here, so I think I finally fell asleep around 0200. My alarm this morning went off at 0602. I haven't been up that early since flying to the Bahamas to get down here. That was super rough. I woke up and was processed through face to face immigration by 6:45 after the line snaking from the 7th deck Glazer lounge down to our rooms on deck 3. Breakfast was good but weird because there were soooo many people up for it, I was overwhelmed at how many people wanted to steal my french toast. Speaking of, we waited in line a good 15 minutes for french toast because as every past SAS kid knows, breakfast is the tastiest meal of the day. I got off the ship with A and C and the rest of the girls werent to be found so we took a water taxi to Port Louis where NOTHING WAS OPEN. Instead of walking around the markets like we had planned, we made our way to "the closest beach", which I'm sure was farther away than the one we wanted to go to. It was fun and I went swimming in the Indian Ocean! Although I did lose my BCBG (free) sunglasses :( (But I snagged another pair on the pool deck after someone had left them behind). We barely made it back on time, getting in line at 1140 am. I, of course, was an extreme worry-wart and spoke to every dean and RD I knew asking if we'd get there in time so I wouldn't have docktime in India; we swiped in about 1154 and onship time was 1200. So happy, so amazing. I ate so much stuff on the pool deck and came back and napped because the day was more than action packed enough for me! Now we're at sea with about 5 days to go til we reach India, can't wait! Also can't believe I just "conquered" Mauritius in about 4 hours. Snaps to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment