Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Looking forward to Mauritius!

Well, angry blog posts aside, I think this might have to be the best 48 hours ever. We had finally resolved ourselves to the fact that we were not going to Mauritius and I had received a refund for my catamaran. They hosted pub night for us on the ship last night with a dance party, so obviously I had to make it my first pub night after the sorry excuse for a midterm I took yesterday (I'm sure I'm overexaggerating how bad it was but at the time, it was ROUGH.) But the dance party was SO much fun. My friend, a football player from CU, actually lifted me up as we were joke dancing to *NSYNC. Hysterical. Then I, obviously, got too hot to function so my friend S and I started dancing on the back deck with a bunch of other people. Everyone went back in to the dance floor but S and I didn't... when it started to rain! We started a rain dance party to Waka Waka (which will inevitably be the song of the voyage, reminds me of CC'10, oh shwell.) It was amazing. There was a good 1/3 of my classmates out there dancing with us. I had to hold on to the railing so I didn't fall off. After the dance party was done, I sat and spoke with M & J for a bit and came and KO'd cause I was so tired. We had a reading day to day, a Maurit-ish day (thanks Dean's Memo), and I sat out by the pool almost all day. We got brunch this morning and N and I tanned all day (I'm now a lovely bronze shade, darker than I think I've ever been in Miami...). We were getting smoothies for lunch when we heard the announcement "We are still on time to dock in Mauritius tonight at 10 pm. However, we will have a customs official come on board tomorrow morning at 6 am to do face-to-face immigration and you are all allowed off the ship for a shortened period of time tomorrow, just to touch dry land. On-ship time is 12. Do not be late." AHHHHHH WE'RE GOING TO MAURITUS! I COULDN'T BE MORE EXCITED! We passed by Reunion as we were sailing and we all went crazy. I've never seen a group of kids more excited to get news. Yayayayayyayayayay! We still have preport. Boooooooooo. BUT WE HAVE BARBEQUE FOR DINNER TOO. Once we get back on the ship at noon, we still have the full day open. Best. 48. Hours. Ever. Until it's done and I have to study for my law midterm. Great....

No comments:

Post a Comment