Sunday, February 12, 2012

Here today, Ghana tomorrow

Tonight was our infamous preport as we get ready to dock in Tema tomorrow! I wasn't so sure how I felt about going to Ghana because I wasn't sure what to expect but now I'm so excited! I'm especially excited for the markets seeing as I could definitely use some more clothes (yes, that IS possible!!) I've been thinking about my FDPs... I can't believe how well they worked out. All my trips are ones I would have wanted to do anyway. I have trips on Tuesday and Friday so the rest of the time will just be exploring Accra and Tema! Our port is about 18 miles from the heart of Accra but with Ghanaian traffic, that journey can take up to two hours!! It's also weird being five hours ahead of EST so i'm finally on the same page as some of my British folk! But it's 2240 here, somewhere off the shore of the Ivory Coast, or Ghana, or somewhere else, and I'd better sleep before this long week starts! I'd just like to end this by wishing a very happy birthday to the best big guy I know! I wish I could e home to celebrate with you! Hope and can't wait to see you in San Diego! Low you sososo much!

PS: will hope to find an Internet cafe somewhere where I can begin to upload pictures. I can't from the shop and everytime I send emails with attachments, I'm flagged in the server. I dont want to know what that means but I do know I've already run out of Internet time from checking old emails pertaining to SAS and this blog to make corrections... darn it. Guess I can't register for fall classes! And don't worry, SD (figured out the identity from the email 😃) no pix of me vomming will be included. Although I have not yet! My queasiness has been settled with ginger ale, crackers, pretzels, and Dramamine 😌

No comments:

Post a Comment