Monday, April 9, 2012

Naaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn!!!

(March 12-17, 2012)
When one thinks of India, you think of cows, kids, traffic, and monuments. Everything here is true but greater than you can ever imagine. It was so interesting though, It was everything I expected but nothing at the same time. My first day was spent in Kerala, where we docked, in the city of Kochi. I attended an FDP at Chendamengalam Village, a village where the women are in charge. I didn't get a whole lot more information other than that so there you go. We had a traditional meal of fish mappas (which I did not like... probably the only meal I DIDN'T enjoy) on banana leaves. We witnessed a traditional dance and took a walk around the compound. It was HOT out, I wanted nothing more than to go swimming in the backwaters. That night we went to a welcome reception where there was food, dancing, henna, and shopping. It was more of a mixer between our students and MBA students from the Kerala area. I had so much fun, the people I spoke to were so nice. I met a wonderful woman who was days away from graduation and had just been married! She was so sweet and I really enjoyed meeting her. 

The next day I left for my trip to Dehli, Agra, and Varanasi. This may have been one of my favorite SAS trips even though it was extremely structured. We took the first day flying and taking a quick driving tour around Nw Dehli and to see the India Gate. Of course, my camera had to die as soon as we made it there.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment