Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Last of the Fall 2011s

So this is it. It's my last night in my apartment in the UV, 99% of my belongings shipped up in the car and making its way up the East Coast. I can't believe the semester's finally done. I honestly think this, overall, was one of the most stressful yet, besides the fact that I watched too much TV Trashy. I can't believe I'll be in my last exam in 12 hours, home in 20 or so. I'm so grateful for the semester, keeping in touch with old friends and making some great new ones. The living situation worked out fantastically, bar a few late night screaming fights and garlic salt. I just really can't express how thankful I am for the great time I've had. But with all great things, they must come to an end. Goodbye to: weird twin mattress pad on a full sized bed that was actually really comfortable, ridiculous weird roommates, terrible appliances, annoying TAs, learning about the role of the woman/mulatto/music in every piece of literature read, unnecessary busy work of summarizing chapters, temperamental shuttles, Wireless Canes, football season, my favorite seniors (crying.), lovely amounts of privacy and unlimited internet access. Hello becoming cultured, meeting new people, trying new things, adventures, seasickness, sunburns, hiking, no communication with the outside world, reevaluating priorities, "finding myself", learning new languages, giving up sweets and soda, seeing real animals up close, roughing it, taking more meds and getting more shots than I could ever imagine. So here it comes. My wanderlust is reaching its peak, it's actually happening, and I can barely control my excitement at this point.

Speak after I'm done with finals and home! Happy Holidays everyone and may we have a white (ish...) Christmas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment