Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Giving of Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving everybody. Or ¡Feliz día de acción de gracias! I still don't understand why that's just... so literal. It's amusing. Like popcorn is palomitas. Amusing. But...

Although this day always makes me feel so great about what I have in life, today was exceptional. Keeping this trip in mind, it was amazing to spend time with my family. I look forward to spending time with them (almost) more than I do to the food. A lot of people asked me about it, some nervous whether or not I'd be home for Christmas. And I will be. Christmas Eve is only a month away (!!!!!!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAY IT'S OFFICIALLY CHRISTMAS SEASON) and I'm excited to get back together and have some time before getting on the ship.

I'm just so thankful for this opportunity I have. Speaking with my cousin, P, about his extended time on a boat... I'm just so happy we won't be at sea for more than a week at a time. I could NEVER imagine being on it for two months! But this will really be a trip of a life time. Love it or hate it, I'll never forget it.

The rest of this weekend will be amazing. J's coming down from da stixxxx to celebrate the 21zt (I tried with the backwards S...) and I can't wait to be reunited. I don't think I could have asked for a better Thanksgiving weekend. Family and friends are what's important and nothing made it more prevalent in my mind than this weekend. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment